Wednesday 23 December 2015

A Cancer Free Christmas

As everybody will be unwrapping their gifts on Christmas Day, I will be too, already knowing I have received my biggest gift. That is being cancer free.
I am lucky that I will be able to celebrate Christmas in the comforts of my own home, surrounded by my family, instead of being in a sterile hospital surrounded by nurses and machines that will just not stop bleeping!
However, there are people who will not be able to do that this year, whether that be because they have cancer themselves or someone they love does. Maybe for the second or third year running, they may not be able to do that next year either. Perhaps this will be their, or their loved one's last Christmas.
So, as you unwrap your gifts and eat a truly horrendous amount of food, please give a thought to those in hospital for any reason this holiday season, I know I will.
Thank you all for your support over this last year, and I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year. I'll be back in the new year!

1 comment:

  1. On the one hand it it unusual and perhaps sad that a teenager is so conscious of the gift that life is, or indeed the gift of a Christmas free of grave illness, but the fact is, we should all be grateful for this gift. Those of us lucky to have it. 'All being well' is a phrase I find myself saying every time I tell someone what I am going to do, because I have long sine stopped assuming that I or anyone else is immune from nature's caprice. So please do look forward to a wonderful Christmas, forget all of your cares and woes, but as Tashh says, spare a quiet thought for all of the people who won't be quite sharing your festive joy. Humility and gratitude for something most young people take for granted is rare, but in truth it should not be. Tash's wisdom is a message for us all; we should all count our blessings.

    ReplyDelete